Sr Information Security Engineer
The Senior Information Security Engineer performs technical and operational tasks to design, develop, implement and maintain information security solutions using technologies and processes to uphold the confidentiality, integrity and availability of City of Hope’s information assets
- Will conduct protocol and traffic analysis, has the ability to execute effective countermeasures to current threats to systems and networks, has comprehensive knowledge of the inter-relationship between operating systems, Active Directory, IDS-IPS, vulnerability detection tools, SQL, TCP/IP, encryption, VPNs, and DMZs
- Requires strong knowledge of information security exploits and incident handling
- Lead engineering projects to implement the information security infrastructure, as well as assist other projects enhancing the Information Security Program, including recommendations on technology strategies that monitor and alert on anomalies.
- Monitors information security risk management and mitigation through strict governance processes and procedures
- Lead or assist in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects for new systems and technologies
- Moderate experience with skilled collaboration with business partners and executive leadership to ensure alignment of expectations for installation and maintenance of security controls
- Ensures adherence to project schedules; aggressively monitors project budgets; and reallocates resources to avoid budget or schedule variances
- Collaborates with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments
- Continually evaluates methods of undertaking and completing projects more efficiently with new modeling and information engineering techniques and different technology platforms
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of design, implementation, and maintenance of: security incident and event management (SIEM), local area networks and firewalls, Active Directory, group policy objects, scripting, vulnerability scanning, encryption, IDS/IPS, web filtering, LDAP, multi-factor authentication systems, identity and access management systems, exploits and hacker techniques, and, network and operating system security principles.
- Proactively prepare countermeasures to defend information systems against known attack techniques: backdoors and Trojan horses, buffer overflows, covering tracks in Unix-Linux, on the network, using steganography, denial-of-service, Netcat, format string attacks, IP address spoofing, kernel-mode rootkits, user-mode rootkits, network sniffing, password attacks, passive fingerprinting, war-dialing, web application attacks, worms, bots and bot-nets, and session hijacking.
- Manage the implementation and ongoing capabilities of a SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management).
- Lead the analysis of the intrusion prevention system (IPS) events.
- Provide forensic analysis of security violations.
- Conduct periodic self-assessment and gap analysis related to information security controls and manage the remediation to correct the gaps.
- Verify network, wireless and firewall security systems by conducting reviews and policy assessments.
- Support and maintain information security related technologies and architectures, such as, but not limited to, IDS (intrusion detection systems), VPNs (virtual private networks), data loss prevention tools, VLANs, firewall architectures, proxy servers, internet access policy servers, authentication systems, and content screening servers.
- Ensure compliance to regulations, business requirements and City of Hope policies, standards, and procedures.
- Design, document, and support network security design changes including wireless network.
- Document and execute integration processes and standards.
- Document and report performance measurements for information security related products in service.
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the CISO.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 2-year degree with work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in progress)
- Master’s Degree (Preferred)
- CISSP – Certified Information System Security Professional (or within 12 months of hire)
- GCIH – Certified Incident Handler (or within 12 months of hire)
- GSEC – GIAC’s Security Essentials Certification (or within 6 months of hire)
- CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker (or within 12 months of hire)
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA
Back to top