Sr. Analyst, Business Transaction Svcs & Analytics
The Senior Analyst will assist analytical and market-related assessments related to City of Hope’s key strategic growth initiatives flowing through the Business Development Office including transaction assessment, due diligence, forecasting, analysis and interpretation of financial, market data and industry trends. By providing advanced analytical, financial, and interpersonal skills, this position will provide financial, market and analytical support across business development, growth initiatives, M&A and transactions.
This position requires advance analytical, financials, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Requires strong microcomputer modeling skills, ability to query, download, and manipulate financial and statistical information from computer systems. Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key customers. In addition, the position requires a motivated, self-directed, and confident and a self-starter.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide financial and transaction analytical services related to business development, strategic growth and M&A projects
- Transaction due diligence including data gathering, document review and preparation of reports, financial analytics, financial pro formas, research and compensation analysis of target companies, etc.
- Analyze industry dynamics and the competitive landscape
- Conduct competitive market assessments, research on competitors scale, analyze industry dynamics and the competitive landscape
- Perform ROI/capital budgeting business case analysis for growth and expansion projects
- Works directly alongside external advisors to coordinate all financial related analysis needed in conjunction with M&A; strategic growth related projects if needed.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of a project.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- Three to five years of financial/analytical experience in a healthcare setting with a large healthcare facility, consulting firm or multi-system healthcare facility.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top