Sr. Administrative Support
With significant independence, provides senior administrative support that requires no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments. Resolves routine complex inquiries utilizing knowledge of policies and procedures. Applies advanced skills to the position. Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials; prepares charts, graphs or tables as necessary. Routine work may be scanned by others upon completion. Prioritizes projects for completion with only limited supervision, typically receiving only general instructions. Applies applicable policies, procedures, and practices to resolve a variety of new and routine issues. Relies on experience and judgment with the flexibility to create solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Types, using word processing equipment.
- Compiles information and prepares reports and records.
- Makes appointments and travel arrangements.
- Screens visitors and telephone calls.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Files correspondence and records.
- May attend staff meetings and record minutes.
- May compose and route routine correspondence.
- Prepares confidential and special reports including periodic statistical reports.
- May train and direct clerical staff.
- Makes decisions on minor administrative matters and completes clerical details as needed.
- High school diploma or GED, some vocational/specialized training.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3-5 years responsible secretarial or clerical experience in a professional environment.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top