Speech & Language Pathologist
Requisition ID: 10417
Job Title: Speech and Language Pathologist
Schedule:Full Time| Days
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Location: Duarte, CA.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Provides quality patient care and family training through evaluation, treatment planning, and the application and assignment of speech and language pathology modalities and procedures in accordance with the regulations governing the practice of speech and language pathology and in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the City of Hope National Medical Center. Serves as a rehabilitation consultant for complex patients facilitating innovative and efficient treatment intervention. Is responsible for student internships, clinical education, and developing clinical programs and treatment protocols.
- Examines, tests, diagnoses and administers treatments for patients with speech and swallowing disorders.
- Performs evaluations with special attention to swallowing function, receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence and articulation.
- Develops therapeutic intervention to achieve the maximum feasible therapeutic impact.
- Maintains active and support communication with the patient regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
- Attends team and family conferences; interprets pertinent findings and contributes to the development of a multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
Minimum Education: Master's Degree
Minimum Experience: 0+ years of experience in an accredited acute care facility
Required Courses/Training: Stroboscopy, Accredited program in Speech Language Pathology, Modified Barium Swallow Studies, FEES.
Req. Certification/Licensure: License and certificate of clinical competency from ASHA and Basic Life Support CPR Card from American Heart Association.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top