Senior Systems Analyst - Beaker - Precision Medicine
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Design, build, and test an assigned Epic module. Maintain documentation of business and system configuration requirements. Configure the Epic software according to decisions made by SMEs such as templates, drop-down boxes and pick lists. Complete assigned team tasks as documented in the work plan. Report status of task completion to assigned Team Lead. Provide timely alerts about endangered milestones and deliverables.
The candidate will fill one of the following Epic modules/teams:
Ambulatory (clinic) Health Information Management
Network & Devices Beacon (oncology)
ADT (admission, discharge, transfer) Integration & Security
Willow (pharmacy) Cadence/Prelude (scheduling)
Clinical Content Inpatient Orders
ASAP (emergency room) Inpatient Clinical Documentation
Bridges (HL7 and XML interfaces) OpTime (operating room)
Cupid (cardiology) Reporting & Business Intelligence
Anesthesia Hospital Billing
Radiant (radiology) Professional Billing
Data Conversion & Cutover Beaker (lab)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics on time with minimal supervision.
- Performs system configuration functions using on-line architectural tools with minimal supervision.
- Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department. Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed. Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
- Leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees. Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- 5+ years healthcare experience in a technical or clinical or Revenue Cycle operations role
- Certification in relevant Epic module is required for consideration.
- For internal COH candidates, Epic certification shall be obtained within 9 months of transferring into the Epic project.
Preferred Education Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of healthcare Information Technology experience
- Healthcare experience in other acute care settings preferred as well.
- Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of clinical information systems preferred.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top