Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Project Manager (Individual Contributor) will be responsible for supporting multiple complex Sourcing RFx activities in the medical and research field. Successful candidates will be self-starters who can effectively contend with ambiguity, communicate clearly and have a proven track record of delivering results. Experience should include, but not be limited to, leading Product Category & Supplier Relationship Management, strong commercial negotiations skills, and leadership level analytical skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic sourcing plans. Gather information for internal data discovery, scope and specification development, market due diligence, and perform alternative source development RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Must have five (5) years or more experience in creating and managing multifaceted RFP’s using Best-in-Class techniques, and business practices.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in understanding Terms & Conditions and their impact to the contract.
- Analyzes spend and processes for assigned categories and develops sourcing strategies to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Establish negotiation plans with clearly defined desired outcomes and strategic goals.
- Negotiate agreements with manufacturers, distributors, and service providers, either singly or as part of a team, to complete supplier agreements.
- Measure supplier performance against key business objectives. Participate in formal supplier business reviews as part of the overall Supplier Relations Management process, including but not limited to supplier evaluation, supplier audits and other related activities.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement through cost reduction and performance improvement, involving suppliers as required.
- Manage and achieve savings targets.
- Proactively seek new opportunities and/or to optimize current agreements to drive efficiency and cost savings
- Developed Emotional Intelligence.
- Able to lead, influence and build consensus with stakeholders across multiple levels to secure needed results.
- Adaptable, flexible, persuasive, proactive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Logical mindset to analyze work assignments and proactively resolve problems
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong Sourcing Analytical Skills and Tools is a must
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point
- Experienced Contract Development & Management, Supplier Relationship Management, and Negotiation Techniques
- Experience with Procurement related ERP system (such as PeopleSoft) is a plus
- Ability to run sourcing projects focused on the acquisition of goods and services, negotiate pricing and related business terms from concept to contract.
- Analyzes and documents relevant business processes.
- Leads interviews with customers to define requirements.
- Defines, documents and reviews functional requirements.
- Conducts detailed spend analysis for assigned sourcing categories
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge to be consider a subject matter expert for assigned sourcing categories
- Prepares and/or reviews all project documentation, training materials, curriculum and schedule.
- Vendor Management
- In cooperation with Management develops and implements vendor management strategies to monitor vendor performance
- Adheres to and enforces department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
- Develops and maintains scorecards for key suppliers
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration :
- Bachelor's Degree - preferably in business administration, finance, healthcare administration or related field.
- 5+ years professional Sourcing and/or Contracts experience.
- Master is preferred.
Back to top