Senior Software Developer - Java
- United States
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. However, we the prefer candidate to sit in either Pacific Or Mountain Time Zone.
The Sr. Software Engineer will Build and Support state-of-the-art applications for all research. The Senior Software Engineer will build enterprise scale applications with high availability services, scalability, customized existing off the shelf software. Experience with Scientific or Clinical Research software development is very highly desirable.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build new Informatics Software solutions and customizing or modifying existing informatics software as assigned by supervisor and team.
- Participates in Software Solution Design and Architecture Design
- Create Unit and Regression tests, break fixes as needed
- Participate and present in project assessments, sprinted planning and daily scrum meetings as instructed by supervisor and project manager
- Closely collaborate with other team members including VP, Director, business sponsor, project manager, business analysts, test engineers, database developers etc.
- Attends meetings as required and participate on committees as directed.
- Assists other department staff members as necessary.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or a related Information Technology field of study with substantial experience will be considered.
- 5-10 years of experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 7-10 years of experience in Object Oriented Programming and design.
- 5-7 years of experience with Full Stack Development in Full Stack Languages. Java stack and Spring framework in a with IIS/Windows Server administration environment.
- 5-7 years of excellent backend architecture/design and Stored procurers, SSIS, database tuning, building reports utilizing SSRS and or Tableau or Business Objects.
- 5-7 years - expert level of building applications from scratch in any of the following languages: Plain old Java, Java, C, C++, SQL/Server , GO, Python, Ruby.
- 5 years of open-source, server-side web-application framework designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages.
- 5 years of Experience with relational databases, MySQL, SQL/Server and NOSQL, PostgresSQL .
- 5-7 years of experience building large scale enterprise level software platforms in an Agile environment.
- 3 year of work experience required with a Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or a related Information Technology field of study
- 3-5 years of Cloud storage experience. (AWS, AZURE, IBM Cloud, Etc...)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field of study required.
Back to top