Senior Salesforce Developer
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit anywehere in the United States.
The Senior Application Developer specializes in the design and architecture of complex applications and extremely proficient in application integration. The position has the ability to convert abstract concepts into viable solutions using existing applications as well as new technology techniques and tools. The Senior Application Developer is focused nearly exclusively on extremely complex "enterprise" projects, and providing support as needed. The position has considerable expertise in a variety of technologies, including industry tools not currently being used at COH. The position has the ability to architect systems end-to-end (e.g. server to client), understands how different systems operate, their possible integration points and knows how to connect them. The Senior Application Developer has a broad knowledge of various development technologies/methods and when to best use them. The position provides technical application development and architecture mentorship to non-senior developers on the team..
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand requirements for business users and translate into design specifications, utilizing thorough understanding of the Salesforce platform, Salesforce products and licensing models.
- Utilize thorough understanding of application development, project lifecycle, and methodologies and ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple detail-oriented tasks.
- Must demonstrate knowledge with Community Platform, understanding how to implement Themes, CMS Content, Knowledge Articles, Targeted Audiences and Custom Components.
- Apply knowledge of Salesforce development and customizations, with Lightning, APEX, Visual Force, API, Force.com and Flows and Workflows, taking into account com best practices, support mechanisms, procedures, and limitations, as well as NDR's unique needs.
- Should demonstrate ability to lead development teams and oversee development of assigned projects and demonstrate ability to document requirements.
- Advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns; limits and bulk patterns; efficient and reliable trigger handling; asynchronous operations and effective unit testing.
- Analyze complex systems and troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications.
- Design, develop, and customize software solutions for end users by using analysis and mathematical models to effectively predict and measure the results of the design using Chatter, Communities and other Salesforce applications.
- Coordinate closely with customers, vendors and other IT stakeholders. Must have the ability to report upwards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 8+ years Salesforce platform experience.
- 5+ years' experience as a certified Salesforce Administrator and/or Platform App Developer certification.
- 3+ years of Lightning Experience. Must be able to create Lightning components, apps and pages.
- Experience with Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other systems, tools, and APIs. Preferably within an Agile Environment.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC best practices including, but not limited to iterative and incremental development with attention to technical excellence.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, best practices, and functionality.
- Creative, innovative, and effective problem-solver.
- Strong sense of ownership and a passion to deliver high quality work.
Preferred education experience and skills :
- Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Salesforce Certification in Administration and Platform App Building.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-RA
- Posting Date: Jul 12, 2021
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
Back to top