Senior Research Software Developer
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Sr. Software Developer develops and supports state-of-the-art applications for clinical and translational research. Authoring of highly scalable, and extensible software applications is a must. Having worked, designed and built enterprise level applications in a software engineering environment is highly desirable.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develops new or existing informatics software solutions as assigned by supervisor
- Participates in software solution design
- Participate in project and sprint planning and daily scrum meetings as instructed by supervisor and project manager
- Closely collaborate with other team members including business sponsor, project manager, business analysts, test engineers, database developers etc.
- Attends meetings as required, and participate on committees as directed.
- Assists other department staff members as necessary.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related Information Technology field of study with substantial experience will be considered.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Five or more years of experience with C# and programming in the dot.net framework with a solid understanding of RESTful services, object oriented design, and relational SQL databases and/or NoSQL datastores.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field of study required.
- Significant experience with continuous integration/automated builds, Agile methodology, cloud services (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud), and managing a Windows Server/IIS environment.
- Ability to communicate with users and stakeholders to determine software specifications
- Ability to work with remote team members across disciplines and time zones
- Ability to plan and deliver releases around user requirements
- Ability to practice consistent documentation as well as source control and versioning
- Ability to drive projects via some sort of Agile methodology
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top