Senior Quality Assurance and Control Nurse Practitioner
About City of Hope
City of Hope is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Designated as a comprehensive cancer center, the highest recognition bestowed by the National Cancer Institute, City of Hope is also a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. As a world leader in the research and innovative treatment of cancer, City of Hope is transforming the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit and hope into reality.
AccessHope is a City of Hope organizationdedicated department offering Cancer Support Services to help employers and their health care partners give individuals and their treating oncologists access to internationally renowned cancer expertisein their own communities. We help navigate the complexity of a cancer diagnosis to:
- Improve quality of life and outcomes
- Reduce unnecessary and wasteful expenses
- Help people living with cancer return back to their work and lives
An RN/NP who is responsible for organizing, coordinating, evaluating and documenting quality management integrated nursing must use their clinical acumen to deliver the best care path and treatment options to our member narrative. Performs medical Quality Assurance(QA) reviews on all narratives in various stages. Interfaces, with physicians, sub-specialists, RN's and intake coordinators. Is able to give and receive constructive feedback. Able to write and footnote narratives in a templated format creating process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Reviews and audits all patient case files to identify incomplete, incorrect or unclear information to ensure the accuracy and reliability of patient documentation. References citations from research and treatment protocols in the development of process improvement recommendations.
- Collaborates with others to evaluate performance trends and recommend interventions for improved performance, improved operations, modifications to and/or implementations of new procedures. Identifies issues and/or conflicts in Employer Strategy processes and utilizes Six Sigma approach towards the creation of standard work processes to ensure an environment of continuous performance improvement.
- Obtains, reviews and analyzes clinical data through review of physician documentation, patient medical records and narratives and data reports from numerous sources. Collaborates with physicians, clinical specialists, 3rd party providers and payors, nurse practitioners and administrative leadership to develop processes to ensure accurate, timely, consistent access to relevant data. Presents data in a meaningful and useful manner.
- Facilitates root cause analyses and other deep dive activities needed to refine and modify policies and procedures and/or processes to improve the quality of patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Models behaviors that support improvement activities including critical thinking and multiple strategies identification. Coaches and supports physicians, clinical and non-clinical staff in using performance improvement strategies in their work, and supports physicians and staff by make recommendations and identifying performance improvement opportunities based on data. Incorporates improvement strategies to enhance quality of patient care and ensure patient, physician, and client satisfaction.
- Oversees, fosters and supports the effectiveness of quality improvement projects to promote patient safety, enhance patient outcomes, mitigate risks and improve performance. Acts as an expert internal consultant for performance improvement activities, using data in recommending solutions to issues and success measures.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan.
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- Five years as a Nurse Practitioner in a clinical oncology setting; Two years working in healthcare quality assurance or quality control.
- Excellent/strong written and verbal communication
- Strong interviewing skills
- Work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and entities
- Ability to work fast and under deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Current CA Nurse Practitioner license
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Advanced Oncology or Hematology nurse certification
- Six Sigma certification.
- Experience working in quality assurance for a health insurance provider
- Experience working for an academic oncology research institution.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top