Senior Programmer Analyst - Peoplesoft
Under general direction, serves as a Senior Information Systems Programmer and Analyst, strategist and subject matter expert to ensure optimal use of PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource module design in compliance to PeopleSoft delivered platform configuration, unless otherwise expressly authorized to implement customizations to meet COH specific business requirements. The key responsibility of this role is to coordinate with PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource business partners to define or review requirements, design and develop optimal system solutions at a senior level programmer analyst.
- Provides expert level strategic perspective on the operational and detailed technical impact of functional business requirements against existing and planned PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource deployments and upgrades.
- Assists Business Systems Analysts in developing PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource functional specifications with an expert emphasis on ensuring requirement specificity for reasonable deliverable expectations.
- Provides expert level PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource technical design and programming with an emphasis on leveraging delivered functionality to deliver products with efficient operation, reuse, and reasonable use of new toolsets where applicable.
- Delivers expert level quality unit tested PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource System components which fully comply with business requirements (including suggested and agreed upon refinements). Demonstrated by finding relatively few minor functional issues during System, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Collaborates with Business Systems Analysts and Information Technology Systems development teammates to evaluate solution alternatives and strongly influence recommended solutions using delivered PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource functionality balancing the optimal use of configuration and development.
- Assists in establishing PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource system testing requirements and provides expert technical support on system and integration tests to ensure application requirements are successfully met.
- Provides expert level technical guidance and mentoring to develop less experienced PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource programmers.
- May function as technical project leader during PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource System implementations, including hardware/software installation and user training. Includes assisting with project plan development as appropriate.
- Provides production support of the PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource suite of applications.
- Coordinates with Business Systems Analysts to provide ad hoc reporting support in response to management and production support requests.
- Attends PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource Project Prioritization Meetings with users to discuss project progress and prioritize future projects in accordance with established PeopleSoft implementation strategy.
- Maintains PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource Systems duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Sciences or experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Five or more years in a programmer/analyst position working with PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resource and supporting business partner interfaces. Experience in leading small to mid-sized projects and providing technical team leadership
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top