Senior Marketing Specialist - Physician Marketing
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Senior Marketing Specialist will be responsible for effectively planning, managing and executing Physician Marketing campaigns across both conference and digital channels.
First, this position will be responsible for the strategic direction and annual plan for large, international conferences. Key conference examples include, but are not limited to: AACR, ASCO and ASH. The Senior Marketing Specialist will identify key City of Hope clinical topics to showcase at these meetings via knowledge of the Oncology marketplace, insight from COH clinicians and clinical evidence in the form of publications and abstracts. This individual will plan all aspects of the conference, including booth, paid media and reception (may be in conjunction with CME). This individual will be the cross-functional conference lead at City of Hope and will be required to align stakeholders on the conference plan: objectives, core clinical topics/ messaging and marketing opportunities (i.e. align with COH clinicians, communications, creative services, pathology lab, HR, etc. as needed). The Senior Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the creation and distribution of the project brief, including management of agencies to execute the booth and paid media. On an ongoing basis, this individual will re-evaluate the conference plan in order to determine whether or not to add new conferences (e.g. ASCO-SITC) and/or reduce resourcing toward a planned conference.
This position will also be responsible for physician-directed digital promotion, including, but not limited to Doximity and MedScape. This individual will coordinate with cross functional teams (including clinical marketing, communications, creative services etc.) in order to determine content calendar for digital promotion. This will role have working expertise of capabilities of each of these partners along with the strategic acumen of how to apply to each campaign (e.g. CAR T). This position will develop a monthly performance report to highlight performance of each digital tactic, as well as recommendations as to how to modify tactical plan as needed.
This position will also provide overall strategic thinking to physician-focused marketing efforts such as: national Reputation, CPS, partnerships, symposiums and CRM. Strong project management, including but not limited to: vendor management, budget management, communication to internal stakeholders and timely execution are also a key requirement for the role.
The Senior Marketing Manager will demonstrate the following skillsets: the ability to apply sound strategic marketing practice; Oncology marketplace knowledge, cross-functional leadership and project management. These efforts will be supported through strong written and verbal skills that will be used to articulate Physician Marketing programs and manage strategic marketing plans and campaigns.
- The Senior Marketing Specialist will be the conference lead responsible for developing, communicating and executing large, international conferences (AACR, ASCO, ASH).
- This individual will be responsible for physician-facing digital strategy and promotional execution (e.g. Doximity, MedScape, etc.).
- This individual has strong physician marketing acumen, along with knowledge of the Oncology market place trends. This knowledge and hands-on execution will be applied to additional clinical marketing projects as needed (e.g. CAR T leadership, national reputation, CPS and other partnerships).
- This individual will assist with Tier 2 conferences (SSO, ASTRO, etc.) and symposiums.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Marketing, Business, English or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Five or more years of marketing experience required.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of business planning, campaign development/management, marketing, media relations, business development and/or event management.
- Hospital/Healthcare or Project Management experience within a highly engaged marketing environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Event marketing skills
- Computer savvy, very proficient with the following software: MS Office Suite: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Occasional pressure due to deadline requirements and multiple competing priorities, event timelines.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours, weekend events and travel.
- Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting.
- Smoke free environment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top