Senior Marketing Specialist
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Senior Marketing Specialist develops and executes strategic marketing projects that drive self-directed patient acquisition at City of Hope. In this role, the Senior Marketing Specialist applies expert knowledge of marketing campaign development and execution. He/she also possesses a clear understanding of the marketplace and issues facing healthcare. The Senior Marketing Specialist has proven experience successfully planning and implementing marketing programs that produce results against business objectives. He/she also has solid expertise in applying analytics to support decisions which are driven by strategic thinking and are tied to measurable goals.
The Senior Marketing Specialist is well-versed in the fundamentals of communications, social media/digital, content marketing, advertising and branding. The Senior Marketing Specialist recommends, conducts and manages communications and marketing programs for internal clinical clients and organization-wide initiatives. Advance clinical marketing for assigned service lines to achieve or exceed growth in new patient volume and support community practice site expansion. Assist in the achievement of departmental goals relating to communication materials, digital marketing, community events, publications, media relations and special events.
The following skills are necessary for this position: project management using best practices, problem-solving skills, innovative approaches to issues, and sound judgment. The person in this position must also be able to deliver superb client service and be an excellent communicator along with the ability to work with managers and leadership at the highest levels within City of Hope. The key components for success in this position include having a high level of organization, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute strategically based, comprehensive marketing plans relating to the management of a variety of internal City of Hope clients, (i.e. departments, divisions, service lines). Drive assigned business lines to achieve projected patient volumes and revenue goals.
- Support and advance key institution initiatives and represent clinical marketing across multiple departments and divisions, such as QRRM, Call Center, CRM database, clinical trials to name a few.
- Communicate and maintain strong, positive working relationships with internal clinical contacts including physicians, service line leadership, department administrators and management, and City of Hope administration.
- Stay abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve institutional objectives and adjust plans and strategies accordingly.
- Develop annual marketing budgets for internal clinical accounts. Make recommendations and track media, advertising and other budget items (i.e. collateral) within budget parameters.
- Recognize stories and how to use these stories to differentiate City of Hope in written materials as well as verbal communications that can be repurposed into new articles, staff and physician newsletters, clinical brochures, video/slide show scripts, web content, fact sheets, social media, blogs articles for various City of Hope publications and other pieces as assigned and/or needed.
- Collaborate with others on clinical marketing team. Collaborate with Public Affairs, Publications and Development Center to further goals as outlined in the Communications Strategic Plan.
- Strong analytical skills with MS Excel proficiency are required. Responsible for identifying, reporting and analyzing key performance indicators using a variety of applications, such as online and offline marketing,
- Coordinate special events and promotions, including written materials, plans and timelines for logistical elements.
- Maintain consistent brand image and voice in all materials
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Healthcare, Journalism, English or a related field.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 5-8 years of hospital/healthcare marketing experience or account management experience.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Healthcare marketing or marketing experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of marketing, paid media channels, digital marketing, writing, editing, media relations, business development and/or event management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven Project Management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Event marketing skills
- Computer Savvy, very proficient with the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top