Senior Investment Analyst
Requisition ID: 9344
Job Title: Senior Investment Analyst
The Senior Investment Analyst will play an integral role in providing oversight of City of Hope's comprehensive investment portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Investment Strategy, the position is to support due diligence efforts on external managers, monitor investments, and evaluate potential new investment managers. Stay current on market developments to support formulation of portfolio positioning within established asset allocation guidelines.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct investment research through meeting with various market and product specialists to support formulation of investment policies and strategies. Understand financial market developments and investment product developments and general industry trends to ensure assets are prudently and efficiently invested. Conduct both qualitative and quantitative research to support investment recommendations made to Investment Committee.
- Assist in the monitoring of existing investment portfolio holdings through qualitative and quantitative screening methods, and conduct on-site due diligence visits.
- Design and maintain cash flow projection for private investment program. Maintain market value and cash flow database associated with private investments. Review portfolio activities to determine if investment thesis has been achieved. Communicate key developments in private market partnership holdings.
- Support performance reporting through conducting performance reconciliation and understanding the key drivers of portfolio level and manager level returns. Work with investment consultants to identify variances in performance results between manager and custodian returns and reconcile such variances.
- Collect, calculate, and analyze statistical information on investment managers. Produce analytical reports, utilize and maintain software that facilitates portfolio monitoring, portfolio construction, and analysis of potential investments. Recommend database enhancements to assist in reporting and analysis.
- Understand market performance impact on portfolio performance and relative positioning. Provide analytical support for rebalancing of portfolios within established asset allocation guidelines. Further enhance department's risk management efforts through the implementation and tracking of various risk metrics.
- Support implementation of all approved Committee actions, including the hiring and firing of investment managers and funding of new mandates. Serve as a point of contact for third parties.
- Attend industry conference, review investment publications to stay abreast of investment trends and outlook, develop and maintain relationship with other LPs to share ideas and best practices.
- Ensure correspondences from fund managers which require action by City of Hope are reviewed.
- Responsible for various ad hoc projects such as supporting the financial reporting process. Additional tasks as required to support portfolio management, oversight, and governance
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, philanthropy or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of institutional investment management experience
- Understanding of investment management concepts
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Advanced spreadsheet and modeling skills
- General knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for investments and other financial instruments.
- Must be proficient in MS OFFICE, including advanced Excel, including macros and familiarity with Database Software.
Preferred Education and Skills:
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top