Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Under the supervision of the AVP of Finance and Resource Management, performs a variety of financial, operational, and administrative duties and analysis functions in support of the day-to-day operations for the Philanthropy Group. Assists in the resolving problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals for the City of Hope (COH) and the group. Has the ability to work independently and in groups and ensures the integrity of financial related reports and trends.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Compile, analyze, summarize, and iterate requirements of Philanthropy Finance team on financial data for reports, trends, and presentations to all levels in the organization while building fields, hierarchy, and data relationships in SQL Server. Draft proforma dashboard leveraging existing computations generated by other financial analysts that are housed in Access and Excel templates to assist in supporting analytical and reporting needs on interim basis.
- Data mapping of current reporting against data mart field and relationships in SQL Management Studio. Build and maintain financial models and templates used for reports, projections, forecasts, budget, and analysis in SQL based on metrics requested by leadership.
- Document additions, changes, and full use of Philanthropy Finance data mart database and cross train data mart users. Help maintain Data Mart as primary tool for financial reports and analysis alongside other databases; and interface with generated insightful metrics and dashboard using available tools, that will help leadership understand historic and current trends.
- Serve as back-up to research and prepare variance analysis and explanations for commentary in management reports, financial reviews, and special projects.
- Train, cross-train, and work with staff members within Philanthropy group in running and understanding monthly reports; help resolve budget issues; interpret budget policies and procedures to various staff members.
- Annually assist in gathering data to complete various benchmarking surveys.
- Assist Manager and AVP of Finance and Resource Management in scoping business needs in AccessHope, PeopleSoft, and Data Mart that are critical during system implementations.
- Perform special requests, projects, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- At least 4-8 years of related experience in business or financial analysis in applying generally accepted accounting principles, personnel practices and operational support.
- Proven experience in financial reporting producing a variety of reports using data migration skills including pivot tables, vlookup, macros, visual basics, or other data extraction methods.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Previous experience in fundraising or events services
- Proficiency with Tableau,MS Access, Blackbaud CRM or Raisers Edge System, Peoplesoft, Business Objects, SWL, SQL Server Management Studio
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top