Senior Financial Analyst
Performs the analysis and interpretation of financial data, compiles statistical reports on current financial developments and operating systems. Assists and supports the Corporate Budget Manager and the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plans, prepares and analyzes the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Prepares sufficient documentation and analysis for the hospital’s budget packages.
- Prepares quarterly operational forecasts for current and future years using advanced statistical and modeling techniques.
- Implements new systems: including networks, software and hardware requirements for financial management information systems.
- Assists in the corporate long-range strategic planning.
- Assists in the formulation of the proforma financial statements.
- Business partner to management (at all levels) by providing financial and business analysis.
- Perform analysis to determine corrective course of action for negative variances.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements)
- 5+ years in healthcare finance, including preparation of annual budgets and feasibility studies
- Hospital/healthcare industry experience is desirable, but not required.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Prepares monthly summary management reports. Prepares ancillary and patient care area analysis on a monthly basis
- Prepares capital analysis, the Proforma financial analysis of requests and the monitoring of purchases.
- Maintain financial systems and databases.
- Capable of moving high volumes of data into various types of systems for querying and reporting.
- Implement and provide ongoing training for management on financial reporting tools.
- Financial and statistical dashboard metric for both internal and external groups.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top