Senior Enterprise Architect - Business Architecture
Job Title:Senior Enterprise Architect - Business Architecture
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
City of Hope is implementing Enterprise Architecture Practice as a key strategic initiative. The Strategic Enterprise Architecture Practice will enable City of Hope to achieve its mission, vision and values systematically through developing enterprise alignment, enterprise agility, and enterprise innovation/transformation by utilizing emerging technologies and best practices across enterprise business architecture, enterprise information architecture and enterprise technology architecture in a business-oriented holistic way.
The Enterprise Business Architect will work as key member of Enterprise Architecture group to lead the development of the vital link between our information technology capabilities and our business strategies/objectives/operation through understanding enterprise business, architecting and documenting enterprise business structure, and ensuring the successful implementation of IT capabilities to align with business strategy and needs.
- Lead the design and development of enterprise business architecture to enable business and IT alignment.
- Meet and communicate with business stakeholders to understand business strategy, objectives, organization, operation and process.
- Design/Document business understanding in structured systematic models
- Document business analysis requirements
- Own and develop relationship with business stakeholders and customers, working with them to optimize and enhance the standardization, integration and alignment of business and IT
- Design, develop, manage and maintain business and system process models and other business architecture artifacts
- Help business customers to understand IT capability, policy, standard and process
- Enable IT team and projects to understand business needs and insights
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve business and IT alignment constructively
- Solid previous experience in enterprise business architecture
- Solid experience and skills in using UML, BPMN and ArchiMate to design/develop business architecture.
- Solid knowledge and skills in using design/architecture patterns
- Solid knowledge and experience in enterprise architecture framework, such as, TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF, Gartner EA Framework, etc.
- Strong experience in Business and Systems Analysis
- Strong experience and skills in object-oriented analysis and design, and service-oriented analysis and design.
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid knowledge and experience in full life cycle of IT/Business systems development.
- Solid Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Strong experience and skill in designing/developing business and system capabilities, processes and models, and documenting the business artifacts (current/target state) using Visio, and/or Other EA tools supporting BPMN, ArchiMate, etc.
- Strong experience in developing IT relationship with business customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor and coach other team members
- Ability to Influence and change organizational behavior
- Can perform independently with minimal supervision and make firm decisions in ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task in demanding environments
- Ability to influence and communicate across key stakeholders
- Ability to promote enterprise architecture best practice with flexibility to customize the best practice to fit the context.
- Knowledge and/or experience in project management, healthcare industry regulations and policies.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Four year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise architecture
- 5 years as business analyst
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Masterâ€™s Degree
- TOGAF Certified Enterprise Architect
- Enterprise Business Architect experience in Fortune 500 companies
- Experience in healthcare/provider industry
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-DA1 | *CB-DA ~dice~
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top