Senior Director, Practice Management
The Senior Director, Practice Management is responsible for the overall operational and management direction of all of the practices in assigned region, which includes providers, clinical, and non-clinical staff. This role also provides oversight and direction for the Medical Foundation Oral Pharmacy Program. Working in partnership with the Vice President of Operations, this role will work on the development and setting of operational strategy for short and long term success at individual practice and specialty service lines consistent with City of Hope’s goals and objectives. The Regional Practice Director provides leadership necessary to insure the success of the day to day operations including employee engagement, compliance, turnover, financial results, patient experience, and clinical quality. Accountable for human resource management, financial management, and quality management in support of City of Hope’s purpose and values, this role is critical to overseeing and managing the delivery of clinical and non-clinical patient services and supports the on-boarding of new practices in the Medical Foundation.
Essential Functions :
- Increase management’s effectiveness by developing and mentoring leaders.Participate in the recruiting, hiring, and retaining highly qualified clinical and non-clinical staff in coordination with the Leadership Team and consistent with City of Hope’s mission and values
- Provide the leadership necessary to maintain a motivated, productive, and competent team through open communication and delegation of responsibilities and authority.
- Assesses and evaluates patient flow in clinical practice sites – recommends and implements changes for quality service and care in collaboration with physician and site leadership.
- Develops and collaborates with physicians and managers to plan and execute process changes that improve patient care services and patient management.
- Provide operational oversight for all sites in the region and the Oral Pharmacy Program, managing leaders and staff of each assigned location.
- Provide day-to-day management of all clinical and non-clinical staff, including oversight of the execution of clinical model and Oral Pharmacy, which includes visit schedules and productivity measures. Maintain an environment of collaboration and cooperation among clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Own P&L responsibility for the Region, including developing and managing the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Track revenue and address any issues that arise that could impact current and/or future revenue.
- Assists in developing region’s budgets, considering fiscal and capital needs. Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Experience may substitute for educational requirements
- 10+ years of progressive management experience in a medical office/ambulatory setting, preferably managing multiple locations.
- Experience to include working in a medical/hospital setting with physicians and high level executives for strategic planning, operations and problem solving
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.*LI-RA
Back to top