Senior Director, Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion
Requisition ID: 10048
Job Title: Senior Director, Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion
This position is responsible for advancing City of Hope's enterprise diversity and inclusion strategy. The Senior Director, Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for developing and promoting a cross functional/departmental strategic plan for diversity and inclusion to advance City of Hope's patient experience and overall quality of care, workforce representation goals, strengthen workplace culture and workforce engagement, marketplace opportunities and thought leadership platform. The Senior Director embraces collaborative and engaging relationships with both internal partners including faculty, research and external partners to provide effective leadership in the coordination of all diversity-related programs and initiatives.
The Senior Director will also build upon existing programs while acting as a champion for new enterprise initiatives and further expand the current diversity and inclusion strategies. This position is responsible for establishing uniform measures across the company to report our progress and results.
The Senior Director will partner with the Chief Human Resources & Diversity Officer to continue the City of Hope's commitment to diversity by building awareness, providing access, promoting cultural understanding and providing trend intelligence concerning diversity best practices. He/she is also be responsible for creating strategies to help enhance City of Hope employment brand related to diversity.
This position reports directly to the Chief Human Resources & Diversity Officer, works closely with the HR Diversity Resource Groups leadership, and provides counsel and guidance to Diversity Council. This individual will also partner with business leaders to advance their segment specific diversity goals and objectives.
This role will develop and implement methods to assess diversity and inclusion strategy effectiveness and conduct ongoing research on best practices and recommend strategies for continuous improvement.
- Partner with the Chief Human Resources & Diversity Officer to develop and deploy diversity, inclusion and community engagement initiatives that support the overall enterprise strategy.
- Partner with Senior Director of Talent Acquisition to develop effective diversity recruitment strategies and build a cross enterprise strategic plan to pipeline, source and develop talent.Collaborate effectively with HR leadership regarding programs and initiatives to improve recruitment, engagement and retention of a high-performing diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Partner with CHRDO to share multi-cultural insights and influence the development and thought leadership around content that is diverse.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership, building awareness, creating access, promoting cultural understanding, and implementing diversity best practices to the COH Diversity Resource Groups.
- Collaborate with business leaders to foster an inclusive, innovative, and collaborative culture across the enterprise to enhance employee engagement.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to develop unit level resources and competencies necessary to drive business strategy.
- Identify measurable metrics for City of Hope's enterprise D&I strategy. Leverage HR data, industry trends, internal and external demographic measures to generate insights in support of the D&I strategic framework.
- Apply advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, relevant business and industry trends and technical capabilities to develop programs that support the D&I strategic framework.
- Sustain and advance the organization's cultural thought leadership on inclusion and to work collaboratively with leaders to influence the adoption of industry leading diversity and inclusion practices.
- Oversee diversity efforts related to our patients, families, vendors, communities and employees.
- Develop key milestones that are specific to the business needs. Prepare reports and presentations, including metrics, ROI, accomplishments, as well as future activities and strategies. Provide metrics that show the results of diversity and inclusion actions and ensure there is transparency to all stakeholders.
- Leads employee of choice surveys that showcase Diversity & Inclusion strategies.This includes proactively planning and managing the diversity survey schedule, curating content to highlight our strategy and recommending strategies for continuous improvement through collaborating with partners in corporate communications, and sustainability, D&I, HR and the business.
- Responsible for Affirmative Action Plans enterprise-wide. Interprets EEO trends and overall diversity data; partners with HR functions in the development of specific actionable plans with clear accountability and metrics to address any gaps.Manages the company's compliance to regulations enforced by the OFCCP and other applicable federal and state agencies
- Provide input into education and learning platforms based on organizational needs and evolving best practices to create awareness and commitment to diversity, inclusion and innovation.
- Plan events, including preparing budgets, retaining vendors, preparing communications and marketing materials.
- Serve as a liaison to community partners regarding initiatives related to diversity and inclusion.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in organizational development, behavioral sciences, human resources, business management or education.
- 10+ year's senior level experience in a Diversity and Inclusion position.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proven presentation skills and the ability to influence others.
- An excellent record in leading organizational and community initiatives, building programs, and promoting diversity in other ways in a complex, community-oriented organizational setting.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees, management, and community leaders. A proven leader who is an effective, creative and visionary problem solver.
- Demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and community. Knowledge of applicable Federal and State, regulatory guidelines and laws and a strong command of contemporary diversity, inclusion & multi-culturalism concepts and issues.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Master's Degree
- Human Resources Development, Strategy Development, Organization Development or Industrial and/or Organizational Psychology
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.#LI-RA #CB-RA
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top