At AccessHope, we're Fighting cancer with everything we know™ by putting the ever-growing body of cancer knowledge to work for the greater good. Through a revolutionary employer health benefits offering, we remotely connect employees with cancer support services from National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Instead of requiring those who have been diagnosed with cancer to come to the centers for renowned cancer expertise, AccessHope brings their support to the patient and their local oncologist-wherever they're located-to improve care, outcomes, and value.
Coordinates and oversees the contract management of customer and vendor contracts. Is responsible for managing, reviewing, and negotiating contracts with entities offering services to AccessHope or purchasing services from AccessHope, which include but are not limited to non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), business associate agreements (BAAs), data security/access/privacy agreements, master service agreements (MSAs), and statements of work (SOWs). Is charged with developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with customers and vendors while working toward the successful and timely execution of applicable contract-related documents.
Specifically works in conjunction with the City of Hope Office of General Counsel, AccessHope Chief Commercial Officer and AccessHope CEO to develop and negotiate contractual language on behalf of AccessHope. Works in conjunction with the AccessHope finance area to set up Purchase Orders between AccessHope and its vendors and to coordinate activities with finance area to operationalize contracts. Working with other departments, acts as an interface for AccessHope with customer to send and receive contract notices, proofs of insurance, and other documentation necessary throughout the life of the contract to operationalize, modify, renew or terminate it.
Creates and posts to internal databases at contract execution a contract binder containing contract documents and summary tools to aid in accurately operationalizing and administering executory customer contracts, for the benefit of AccessHope Client Excellence department and other Access Hope shareholders.
Provides day-to-day administrative management support to AccessHope business leaders and their teams, and other stakeholders in resolving contract issues.
The position includes the general development and ongoing refinement of administrative infrastructure for the management of financial and contractual activity associated with AccessHope contracts, including interfacing with the City of Hope Contracts Management system and/or establishing a separate AccessHope contracts management system.
The position integrates diverse elements of contract management and requires creativity, teamwork and collegiality to develop and maintain sound internal and external relationships, and fiscal and related administrative systems.
- Utilize subject matter expertise and guidance from the Office of General Counsel to negotiate contracts with counterparties. Coordinate with all relevant groups to develop fully executed contracts and enhance project timelines.
- Analyze new contract documents received from counterparties on their templates and determine if language conforms to AccessHope and City of Hope policy and requirements; edit such documents to so conform.
- Interface with contract management systems and financial stakeholders at City of Hope and AccessHope, analyze contract terms and trends, prepare and handle contract notices and documentation, prepare contract binders for Client Excellence.
- Interact with AccessHope business team and Office of General Counsel in solving contract issues.
- Carry out periodic review of contract files to ensure administrative quality, compliance and consistency.
- Assist with ongoing review of internal processes to streamline roles and responsibilities; execute process changes or identify resources to accomplish projects and oversee to completion.
- Prepare reports and advise on feasibility and cost impact.
- Provide routine status updates to AccessHope leaders and stakeholders regarding contract negotiations.
- Conduct special projects and perform additional duties as assigned by the Director, Finance and Accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience working in contract negotiation, contract management, preferably in health care or health insurance industry.
- Must have working knowledge of contract development / negotiation.
- Analytical skills to review contracts, collaborative agreements and subcontracts against established criteria and organizational guidelines
- Read, identify and extract pertinent information from documents
- Experience in a health care services environment
- Manage multiple competing demands
- Proactively negotiate priorities
Additional skills preferred
- Paralegal certification, JD, or MBA.
- Knowledge of consumer privacy and /patient privacy regulations
- Knowledge of common contractual negotiating points such as indemnification, intellectual property, , confidentiality, billing, publicity, publication, etc.
- Contracting; front line contract negotiations with sophisticated counterparties.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
AccessHope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Nov 15, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job