About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Compliance Analysts serve as Compliance Department staff and are key team members in City of Hope's revenue cycle programs and activities. At the direction of a Compliance Director, Compliance Analysts oversees and manages periodic reviews of the billing process and revenue cycle, including reviews conducted by Internal Audit and external consultants. As part of these reviews, the Compliance Analyst is responsible for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data from the various systems involved in the revenue cycle and for overseeing and managing follow up, including corrective action plans. S/he also is responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to billing compliance and reimbursement practices, keeping the organization current with respect to government payor rules, serving as a resource for billing and reimbursement staff for compliance training and education purposes, and staffing the Revenue Cycle Compliance Committee. Compliance Analysts to assist in reviewing and responding to various compliance related audits. Compliance Analysts to communicate regularly with other departments including Health Information Management Services, Patient Financial Services, and other revenue cycle departments and with various levels of staff regarding revenue cycle issues. Bachelor's degree and at least three (3) years' experience in a health care setting required, preferably in a position that required knowledge and experience with the relevant area of subject matter expertise (see attached addenda), or a similar job that required interpretation of complex regulations and communication of same to all levels of staff. Individual must possess excellent attention to detail, strong writing and verbal communications skills, and be able to make critical decisions based on data analysis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manages and oversees internal and external audits conducted by or through the Compliance Office. Gathers, reviews, and analyzes data required for such audits. Manages and oversees all follow up related to these audits, including internal reporting, monitoring, and facilitating corrective action plans and process improvements.
- At the direction of the Compliance Director, serves as Compliance Department resource for Patient Business Services and other revenue cycle related City of Hope National Medical Center Departments
- At the direction of the Compliance Director, acts as a resource for compliance Revenue Cycle inquiries, including receipt, evaluation and follow up. Gathers information and data needed to make decisions and provide advice.
- Supports Revenue Cycle Compliance Committee and assists with special projects relating to the area of expertise (see addenda) as requested. Assists with projects involving data management using database tools.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of application of federal and state laws and regulations relevant to area of expertise (see addenda) and enhances professional growth and development by participating in educational programs relating to such topics.
- Maintains knowledge of City of Hope Medical Center billing and collection systems, including knowledge of report writing capability, and works with Information Systems personnel to identify and request data needed for revenue cycle compliance reviews.
- Familiarity with hospital philosophy and its concept of care.
- Ability to deal with a variety of personalities and situations and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree. Relevant Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- At least three (3) years' experience in compliance, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and analytical and critical decision-making skills required.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Adobe Acrobat Writer and Reader.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master's or other graduate degree
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance
- Experience with Fair warning
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-RA
- Posting Date: Sep 17, 2021
- Job Field: Business Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job