Senior Compensation Analyst
Job Title: Senior Compensation Analyst
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction of the Manager, Compensation, independently manages all aspects of compensation for assigned client groups. Conducts comprehensive analysis to develop and present a multitude of recommendations. This role requires an extensive understanding of compensation techniques, methods, practices, and regulations. Evaluates requests to establish equitable and appropriate titles, salary ranges, pay rates, exemption assignments and benefit levels. Participates in the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs, policies and guidelines for union and non-union employee groups in all City of Hope corporations. Participates in the development, implementation and administration of wage and salary, performance appraisal and variable pay programs. Serve as a consultant to HR Strategic Partners, Talent Acquisition, Employee/Labor Relations, and leadership throughout the enterprise on a broad range of compensation actions.
- Applies broad knowledge of compensation principles, practices and procedures in managing all aspects of compensation for multiple client areas
- Evaluates industry, economic and competitive market trends to recommend ranges, adjustments, and hiring rates for positions and employees throughout the enterprise
- Evaluates union, individual contributor and leadership job descriptions to determine appropriate attributes, competitive salary ranges, and appropriate requirements. Provides recommendations on pay rates based on internal and/or external data
- Audits jobs for content and formulates recommendations regarding FLSA exemption status
- Partner with clients on the development of job descriptions based on various methods of input from discussions with managers and/or employees, questionnaires or observation of work
- Collects and analyzes competitive practices data relative to base and merit compensation strategies. Formulates recommendations and provides input in development of annual merit increase guidelines
- Reviews changes in wages and salaries for conformance to policy. Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve problems
- Serve as an internal consultant to clients on compensation matters, including the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and collective bargaining agreements regarding salary ranges, job reclassifications, promotional and merit increases and other pay adjustments
- Collective Bargaining: Collects, analyzes and presents market data for preparation of collective bargaining proposals. Develop, update and analyze complex cost modeling scenarios to derive economic recommendations. Participates with leadership on bargaining teams
- Designs, implements and administers incentive/bonus programs
- Develops, plan, oversee, and implement various projects on an ongoing basis
- May lead department projects as assigned
- Develops training sessions, presentations, and informational materials/handouts to facilitate education throughout the enterprise on numerous compensation topics and programs
- Implements merit and performance review programs, while providing training to managers on effectively evaluating performance and allocating merit increases accordingly
- Develops custom compensation surveys by devising questionnaires for third party administration. May participate in external surveys by completing questionnaires and responding to written and telephone inquires. Provides assistance and support to colleagues on the completion of external surveys
- Internal Contacts: Interacts with all management levels (supervisors to executives) across all City of Hope entities on compensation requests. Partners with HR colleagues on all aspects of compensation
- External Contacts: Interacts with Human Resources and Compensation colleagues in peer institutions
- Attends meetings and participates on committees
- Enhances professional growth and development though participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending in-service meetings, and workshops
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation strongly preferred.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Five or more years progressively responsible Compensation experience,
- Possesses broad knowledge of compensation principles, practices and procedures.
- Possesses knowledge of current state and federal regulations concerning employee compensation
Preferred Education, Certification, and Skills for Consideration:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Experience in Healthcare, Research or Academic environment strongly preferred.
Skill / Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills including attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Able to prioritize, follow through and see projects through to completion within established timelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Able to apply a client-oriented, consultative approach in analysis and resolution of issues at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent written communication skills. Able to summarize compensation analyses and decisions clearly, concisely and accurately in writing.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance.
- Practice a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. Compile and analyze statistics
- Compose letters and memorandums
- Coordinate meetings, develop procedures, input data into computer programs, and instruct/train others
- Interview others, lead projects, maintain logs, prepare reports, research information
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Use computerized spreadsheets to conduct and summarize analyses
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-DA1 | *CB-DA ~dice~
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top