Senior Clinical Trials Billing Analyst
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 10731
Job Title: Senior Clinical Trials Billing Analyst
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The incumbent coordinates and executes the financial billing of clinical trials. Responsible for compilation of statistical, fiscal and metric data as it relates to clinical trial activities. Assists with clinical trial billing special projects. Ensures timely invoicing, disbursing, tracking, and monitoring of cash flows on sponsored trials.
- Responsible for the compilation of data and preparation of statistical and fiscal reports as they relate to clinical trial activity on a monthly/yearly basis.
- Assist the Business Director in Clinical Research Operations with monthly clinical trial accounts for financial reporting purposes to the Clinical Trials Office, to ensure accurate financial statements to investigators, business managers and other internal departments.
- Responsible to maintain clinical trial accounts receivable statistics/metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with clinical trial financial accounting projects, including, but not limited to rapid improvement events. Assists with ongoing review of internal processes to streamline or create new more efficient processes; assist in executing process changes and assist with overseeing to completion.
- Assist with policies and procedures, both design and implementation, as they relate to compliance with laws, Medicare Coverage Analysis, National Coverage Decision, statutes and regulations dealing with clinical trial billing issues.
- Ensure timely clinical trial account invoicing to sponsor matching protocol driven procedures with patient accruals to ensure timely and appropriate invoicing and reimbursement. Ensure timely payment of internal and external invoices.
- Ensure timely deposit, correct allocation, reconciliation and distribution of revenue. Notify Principle Investigators, Business Managers, and other internal COH departments.
- Monitor cost center activities on an ongoing basis and reconcile cost center balances at the end of a trial working with departmental business managers and Grant Accounting to ensure timely account closure.
- Provide cash flow management, including timely disbursement of sponsored clinical trial account funds according to the approved budget.
- Resolve account balance discrepancies between sponsors and COH departments.
- Interact with all levels of management and personnel to provide useful information, guidance and integrity to the clinical trial finance activities.
- Maintain professional growth and development. Keeps abreast of latest trends in the area of reimbursement and other compliance related assignments.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years related experience. Working knowledge of clinical trial invoicing and budgeting.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Clinical trial budget experience helpful.
- Strong, analytical, attention to detail and consistent and successful follow through on issues and problems, will be needed.
- Excellent oral, written communicationandinterpersonal skills to deal with sponsors, doctors, attorneys, vendors, other departments.
- Manage multiple competing demands.
- Proactively negotiate priorities.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Office.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top