Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, is an experienced professional with a passion for preparing and presenting information in a visually appealing and easily understood manner, making it relevant and actionable for key stakeholders.
Requires the ability to collect and synthesize complex data from multiple sources, provide intellectual rigor to analysis and interpretation processes, and derive meaningful insights that support the achievement of strategic and operational goals.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Tableau.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Analyze large datasets to discover trends, patterns and actionable insights.
- Apply research and evaluation standards, descriptive statistics and data management principles to translate complex data into meaningful content.
- Present findings using verbal, written, and graphic communication techniques. Offer recommendations to support organizational performance improvement.
- Work closely with multiple internal stakeholders to analyze business needs and deliver relevant information in appropriate formats.
- Design, create, test and maintain a portfolio of reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Participate in enterprise-level metadata, master data management and data governance initiatives.
- Stay informed about Business Intelligence industry trends, technologies and best practices that can be applied to achieve business goals.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, systems analysis, informatics or a related discipline, including requirements gathering, solution implementation, testing and validation.
- Tableau experience is highly desired
- Experience in a health care, biomedical research and / or academic medical setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing data to derive business insights and support performance improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency in the collection, classification, dissemination, integration and visualization of complex information
- Demonstrated proficiency, formal training and / or certifications in one or more Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView) required.
- Present complex information in a logical and understandable format to a wide variety of audiences.
- Translate business requirements into technical and functional specifications. Design, develop and test deliverables based on specifications.
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative thinker that can turn ideas in to solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and lead small project / performance improvement teams if necessary.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix environment.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top