Senior Business Analyst
Responsible for understanding Philanthropy’s business domain, documenting its processes and assessing the business model’s integration with technology. This includes developing and maintaining a repository of organizational and tactical objectives, process documentation, department/unit metrics and key performance indicators. Routinely review and analyze business processes, workflow procedures, and job functions to provide insight and suggestions for improvements. Leads and participates in medium to large system related projects to develop a business case during project initiation, identify business needs and develop functional requirements as well as assist in change management strategies for adoption of new systems or system enhancements and upgrades throughout the system’s project life cycle. In addition, create prototypes for system design and develop testing validation requirements for system testing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain repository of organizational and tactical objectives; and develop process documentation, department/unit metrics and key performance indicators.
- Lead and participate as a core team member of medium to large system related projects.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources; reconcile conflicts; decompose high-level information into details; abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding; and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Develop solutions for business process improvements and system enhancements. Facilitate solution review and sign off from stakeholders. Develop documentation of new business processes.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of stakeholders’ business, which will allow for proactively offering business process improvements and solutions to improve efficiency.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Project Feasibility Studies/Business Case Analysis; Business Process Documentation/Work Flow Diagrams; Functional Requirements/Business Requirements Documentation; Functional Specifications; Use Cases, mock-up of GUI Screen and Interface designs.
- Understand the solution options that are available, and help project stakeholders prioritize those options based on their merits, and eventually select the best option.
- Drive business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Distinguish a business problem’s symptoms from its root cause, and help discover the true root cause.
- Identify all the systems, processes and users that are impacted by the business problem, and/or the solution.
- Ensure that the system/process users’ interests are known and communicated to other project stakeholders.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Application troubleshooting as a result of a reported helpdesk incident
- User Training on Philanthropy’s systems/applications
- Configure application user interface according to functional specifications.
- Develop low complexity reports using integrated application tools.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science or related discipline Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 5-7 years of business analysis or consulting experience with Non-Profit organizations.
- 3+ years of experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Mapping, Sequence and Activity diagramming, and UML required.
- Project lead responsibilities for at least two (2) large multi-user system implementations
- Comply with IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysts) standards
- CBAP (Certified Business Analyst Professional) from IIBA
Preferred skills and experience:
- MBA Preferred
About City of Hope:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top