The position is responsible for Provides security for patients, employees, and visitors; protects buildings, assets, and premises as assigned.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Patrols hospital buildings and premises to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and intruders.
- Responds to emergency (fire, oppression, etc.) conditions to contain and control for the protection of life and property.
- Under the direction of the lead licensed patient care staff, assists as part of the team in the management of violent or acting out patients.
- Monitors conduct of visitors on hospital premises; confronts unauthorized persons for questioning as needed.
- Reports safety and/or fire hazards or security violations.
- Escorts personnel to parking lots and hospital buildings.
- Participates in investigations; maintains records and prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to security activities.
- Secures and/or unlocks offices and facilities.
- Secures patients valuables or lost and found articles; maintains logs of items received.
- Controls parking and traffic flow; enforces parking regulations.
- Assists with moving or transporting heavy items.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, reviewing current literature, attending in service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Attends meetings as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School or Equivalent, Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- One year prior hospital security experience preferred
- PC computer experience preferred
- AB5O8/management of aggressive behavior
- Current CA Driver’s license; Guard Registration card; Firearm permit; pepper spray permit.
- CPR within three months of hire
- International Associations for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Basic training certificate within six months of hire
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top