Security Dispatch, Operations, Badge
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Security Dispatcher, Operations and Badge Access position is responsible for the multiple monitoring and communications functions for the City of Hope Security Operations Center. Monitors CCTV and Card Access Systems, receives telephone and radio calls and dispatches staff to routine and emergency situations utilizing the centralized dispatch system. Performs electronic queries for vehicle registration, warrant information, process company name badges and parking passes
Key Responsibilities include:
Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public and staff in answering their inquiries. Should be alert and have good judgement in detecting and reporting unusual situations which indicate a danger to patients, family members, visitors, employees, vendors, building and equipment or contents
- Receive calls for service and dispatch appropriate personnel to respond. Calls or alarms may originate by telephone call, radio or automated systems. Operations Center dispatchers observe activity on the CCTV monitors which requires intervention.
- Monitor and respond to various forms of inbound communications and alarm systems. This includes, but is not limited to the radio frequency, telephones, access control system alarms and other outside sources. Utilizes two-way radio communications.
- Operates Photo ID/Access Card System. (Software, Camera, Printer, and peripherals.) Maintains equipment and supplies related to production of Photo ID/Access Cards.
- Monitor and review the Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV). Dispatch required resources as necessary upon discovering issues via CCTV monitoring. Review video as requested.
- Dispatch Logging-record all calls for service within the electronic dispatch system. Records should include the categorized type of request, demographic information on the requestor, location of the call, officer assigned to the call, officer's dispatch time, on scene time and completion time as well as any other pertinent information included within the narrative and associated with each call.
- Remotely secures and/or unlocks offices and facilities.
- Responds to emergency (fire, oppression, etc.) conditions to contain and control for the protection of life and property
- Participates in business continuity management recovery team and attends annual exercise(s).
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School or equivalent
- 2 years of security experience required. Hospital security experience preferred.
- Two years in Communications
- AB5O8/management of aggressive behavior (within 3 months of hire)
- Public Safety Dispatchers' Basic Course and or Emergency Telecommunicator Course (within 3 months of hire)
- Current CA Driver’s license; Guard Registration card; pepper spray permit; CPR and First Aid within three months of hire
- Associate’s Degree, Criminal Justice
- APCO Certified Public Safety Telecommunications
- Emergency Telecommunicator Certification, National Academies of Emergency Dispatch (NAED)
- Criminal justice, armed forces, law enforcement or related field
- Display tact and consideration in dealing with City of Hope patients, employees and visitors.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
- Customer Service
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Office Products
- Security System(s) Software: DSX, AMAG, Resolver, etc.
- Temperature Changes: variations in temperature from hot to cold
- Atmosphere and environment associated with patient care areas
- Tobacco-free campus
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Subject to many interruptions
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Likely exposure to dangers of assaults/hazards from investigating
- Exposed to material of a confidential nature on a regular basis
Back to top