SCM Business Analyst
The SCM Business Analyst plays a key role supporting various projects and initiatives, including training, data analysis, reporting, system support and business process improvement.
Analyzes current business processes to ensure alignment with system capabilities. Serves as a liaison to the user community. Continuously gains an understanding of the customers’ operations and how systems are used in support of their operations, transferring knowledge to users and other members of the team.
Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls exist within all systems and processes. Also responsible for departmental and intradepartmental training and maintaining systems via manual or automated input, monitoring interfaces, or working directly with vendor representatives. Provides operational and project reporting, analytics and performs trending analysis, as needed.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Serving as a key team member on one or more complex initiatives providing project support to enhance SCM system functionality and operational processes, while delivering objectives within scope, quality and timeframe.
- Gathering requirements, conducting fit/gap assessments, creating functional/technical specifications, and deploying solutions for our PeopleSoft Purchasing/eProcurement, Inventory and Costing modules in accordance with City of Hope’s system development lifecycle.
- Collaborating with IT and business operations staff to evaluate business processes and recommend process improvements in compliance with City of Hope standards, policies and methodologies, while leveraging delivered PeopleSoft SCM functionality.
- Evaluating and delivering new system capabilities to the organization.
- Developing effective training materials and conducting training to support end users
- Creating queries and reports for Supply Chain internal and external customers
- Aggregating and analyzing data from multiple sources and systems and creating effective presentations to represent the data and findings
- Providing operational systems support to various supply chain systems whichinclude but are not limited to:PeopleSoft e-Procurement/Inventory/Purchasing, GHX, COH travel systems, OptiFreight
- Serving as a trusted partner and business relationship resource to City of Hope business units.
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in computer science, business administration, finance, healthcare administration or related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3+ years prior project and/or business analysis experience. Must have prior experience with PeopleSoft FSCM or similar ERP systems. Prior experience utilizing IT structured analysis methodologies, including process flow definition and data flow diagramming.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Demonstrated PeopleTools experience. Prior PeopleSoft Supply Chain project experience in a Healthcare and/or Research organization.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing SQL, Access, Excel, PS query or similar
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Knowledge of Project and Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies.
- Knowledge of standard IT practices related to business application development/implementation.
- Strong understanding of the functional areas and business practices to be supported.
- Working understanding of IT infrastructure technologies, including Desktop, Server and Networking systems
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate urgent and unique requests, internally and externally, in a professional manner
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top