Revenue Cycle Analyst
This position develops, coordinates, and assists with the implementation of initiatives and projects that affect all areas of revenue cycle operations. Provides oversight and support for Revenue Cycle integrity and workflow processes using data analytics. Through the analysis of key performance indicator data, the Revenue Cycle Analyst works to improve Revenue Cycle production and efficiency. This position will assist other departments in the implementation of cost saving opportunities and measuring of vendor performance. Additionally, this position will assist in gathering industry benchmarks, develop and execute project time-lines, document decision making results and facilitate preparation of needed financial analytics as relates to assigned projects. The incumbent will be responsible for communicating project status to all appropriate stakeholders and reporting on various success metrics to measure the success of the action items and decisions reached throughout the project management lifecycle.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Analyzes data to identify likely relationships, summarizes data and prepares summary materials for discussion with clinical and finance teams
- Assist the Revenue Cycle Director in identifying needs for process improvement and innovation across the revenue cycle by analyzing and assessing revenue cycle reports, workflows and processes; participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach for revenue cycle departments.
- Assists in developing a standard of metrics using benchmark data to assist in measuring department’s performance against goals and industry best practices.
- Utilizes systems and department software to develop, and maintain financial reporting tools to support business decisions, which include but are not limited to reports on savings or additional net revenue, return on investment, and compliance. Prepares related reports, graphs, charts, presentations and other documents to support analysis
- Runs, reviews, interprets, analyzes and validates Revenue Cycle reports.
- Identifies and reports on Revenue Cycle trends affecting reimbursement.
- Supports and assists employees in assigned area(s) in identifying and troubleshooting revenue cycle related problems and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Updating CDM (charge description master—CPT codes, standard prices, etc.) to ensure optimal billing fees and maximize collections
- Monitor vendor performance. Prepares and implements action plans with follow-up for vendors failing to meet performance requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience may substitute for minimum education.
- Three to five years’ experience in medical group or professional billing environment.
- Preferred: Certified Biller or experience in a prior role performing collections.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate multiple departments/discipline in a complex setting
- Problem solving skills. Ability to provide innovative ideas or solutions
- Process improvement
- Knowledge of industry resources/benchmarks
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
- Pulling, summarizing, and analyzing reports and data. Ability to turn data in valuable, actionable information/knowledge
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to interact with Physicians and Senior Leadership
- Cognos experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Pulse billing software
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top