Research Support Technician (Operations)
Requisition ID: 10431
Job Title: Research Support Technician (Operations)
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Cage Wash Supervisor or designee, is responsible for the preparation and processing of animal caging supplies, operating equipment associated with these tasks, monitoring equipment operation, maintaining equipment, and support area sanitization.
- Removes dirty bedding from cages and prepares cages, bottles, and equipment for washing.
- Operates washing and sterilizing equipment.
- Prepares caging and supplies for sterilization.
- Delivers and distributes prepared caging equipment.
- Monitors and documents equipment operation and reports malfunction to Cage Wash Supervisor or Facilities department.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance and minor equipment repair.
- Operates associated equipment such as bottle filler, pH proportioner, and rack and hose flush stations.
- Maintains cage washing area in an organized and sanitary manner and monitors assigned work and facility support areas.
- Assists in ordering animal facility cage washing supplies and unloading and storage of vivarium supplies.
- Documents environmental conditions, machine operating conditions, and daily activities.
- Cleans and maintains animal housing and support areas as requested.This includes floor cleaning, sanitizing halls and ceilings, and general corridor and procedure room sanitation.
- Performs duties in accordance with DCM/ARC Standard Operating Procedures and City of Hope safety policies.
- Participates in training sessions, staff meetings, and continuing education activities.
- Interacts/establishes working relationships and communicates effectively and positively with research and Animal Resources Center staff.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- High School or equivalent
- 6 months related experience preferred
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top