Research Lab Technician
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under limited supervision, the Research Laboratory Technician is responsible for the collection, classification and filing of scientific data. The Research Laboratory Technician is also responsible for preparing solutions, labeling tubes/specimen containers and maintaining laboratory supplies. Duties and/or tasks include but are not limited to cleaning of laboratory space and equipment utilizing proper cleaning protocols and procedures.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the collection, classification and filing of scientific data
- Maintain required records, reports and statistics as directed
- Assist research staff in routine tasks relevant to laboratory research projects
- Collect, wash, clean and sterilize used glassware, equipment and supplies using proper sterilization techniques
- Requisition, receive, distribute and maintain supply inventories in laboratories as needed
- Prepare simple stains, solutions, culture media, and may process tissue following established procedures
- Follow established protocols and using specified equipment, collect and deliver material for analysis. Ensure proper labeling and pertinent information
- Assist in the care and maintenance of laboratory work area and furnishing/equipment
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred
- Minimum two years of related experience or combined education and experience in related field
- For more information on Dr. Larry Kwak’s research please visit, here .
Back to top