Research Associate I/II - Cell Culture - Budde Laboratory
- Duarte, CA
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Research Associate position is immediately available for an independent, organized, self-motivated individual with extensive molecular biology and mammalian tissue culture experience to conduct experiments on cancer T cell therapy. This may be at the Research Associate I or Research Associate II-level.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Culturing cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Perform transient and stable transfection of mammalian cells
- Preparation of samples for multiparameter flow cytometry and analysis
- Conduct basic molecular biology techniques including quantitative PCR
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelors Degree in Biological Sciences or a related field.
- Research Associate I:
- Bachelor's degree
- Research Associate II:
- Two (2) years of related research experience with a bachelor's degree; or one (1) year of related research experience with a masters degree.
- Must have demonstrable computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Access, etc., as well as skills in data management and analyses.
- Cell culture,
- Previous work in animal models,
- Laboratory experience in Molecular Biological Sciences or related field, is preferred.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top