Research Associate II - Thurmond lab
Newly relocated laboratory specializing in cellular and molecular aspects underlying metabolic regulation and Diabetes seeks a Research Associate II to assist with experimental data collection and analysis, and to carry out general laboratory management. Appropriate supervision is provided.
- Under the supervision of the principal investigator, the candidate will be responsible for performing experimentation such as immunocytochemistry, western blots, PCR genotyping, cell culture, mouse handling, and management of animal colonies.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree, plus two years of post-degree experience; or Masters degree, plus one year of post-degree experience.
- Biological or chemical sciences background, preferred.
- Candidates must have solid background and knowledge of basic laboratory skills, high level of self-sufficiency and independence, and willingness to work in a team-oriented manner.
- Meticulous work habits, dependability and excellent communication skills are required.
- Prior experience handling rodents is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top