Research Associate II - Protein Purification - Yazaki Laboratory
- Duarte, CA
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Protein Purification Research Associate II position is immediately available for a bright, well-organized, motivated scientist to work in a multidisciplinary antibody development team led by Paula Yazaki, Ph.D.
Dr. Yazaki's research focuses on antibody engineering of novel molecules for clinical applications. The scope of this research includes recombinant antibodies, antibody fragments, fusion proteins and antibody-based nanoparticles for the imaging and therapy of cancer. Areas of expertise include antibody design, discovery, engineering, expression, purification, biophysical characterization, in vivo preclinical animal models, process development and cGMP production.
Key Responsibilities include:
- HPLC protein purification
- Tangential flow filtration
- Process development and writing SOPs
- Pilot GMP manufacturing and general biochemical assays
- Documentation, troubleshooting, and implementing new technologies.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- M.S. Life Sciences and 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Overall antibody purification expertise, required, including HPLC protein purification and tangential flow filtration at the level of Process Development and pilot GMP manufacturing.
- Requires semi-independence, an exceptional level of responsibility and experience as part of this Clinical Production group.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- The ideal applicant will have an established track record in the purification of recombinant monoclonal antibodies.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top