Research Associate II - Dhawan Lab
Requisition ID: 10327
Job Title: Research Associate II - Dhawan Lab
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
The Diabetes and Metabolic Research Institute at City of Hope seeks a Research Associate II to perform standard laboratory molecular and cell biology techniques, towards understanding mechanisms that regulate pancreatic beta-cell development, function, and regeneration, as well as diabetes pathogenesis.
The candidate should have good organizational skills, experience in designing and planning experiments, and data analysis. The applicant will perform experiments, collect and analyze data independently. The candidate will master current lab protocols, and be willing to learn new techniques. The candidate will also assist the PI with rodent colony management, ordering lab supplies and inventory management. The position will involve mouse model studies that include tissue collection and subsequent molecular and histological analysis, as well as in vivo metabolic testing. Training will be provided for specialized techniques.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) (with 2+ years practical lab experience) or Masters degree (with 1+ year practical lab experience) preferred
- Candidate must have rodent handling (mouse model) experience.
- Experience in tissue isolation, operation of a microtome and cryostat and histological analysis, is preferred.
- The applicant must be familiar with routine molecular biological techniques, such as DNA and RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, Western blot, cell culture, and other related techniques.
- Ability to workindependently and willingness to work in a team-oriented manner.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills, meticulous and detail-oriented record keeping habits.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top