Research Associate II - CAR T Research and Development
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Research Associate II is immediately available in the T Cell Therapeutics Research Laboratory (TCTRL). This is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting-edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. We will train new personnel in project-specific techniques and procedures. The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and participate in data presentation during lab meetings.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Tissue culture including application of aseptic techniques for media compounding, passaging, maintenance and cryopreservation of cell cultures (e.g., T cell lines);
- Genetic modification, cloning, and characterization of T cell and tumor cell lines;
- Performance of T cell functional assays (e.g., cytotoxicity and cytokine production assays);
- Mouse handling for i.v. and i.p injections, bioluminescent imaging and tissue harvesting/preparation for immunohistochemistry and flow cytometric analysis;
- Aide in the training of new personnel including graduate students, summer students, and collaborators;
- Assisting in revising/maintaining lab protocols; providing routine lab support and maintenance activities in the spirit of GLP.
- Work hours may vary.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work as well as accurate record keeping and lab documentation is a must.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree,
- Two years related research/ laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree,
- One year related research/ laboratory experience with a Master's degree,
- Excellent computer skills.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Master's degree.
- Course-work and/or hands-on experience in cellular immunology and standard good laboratory (GLP) practices, desired.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous experience in tissue culture, flow cytometry, lentiviral transduction, molecular techniques (e.g. RNA extraction, RT-Q-PCR) and/or mouse handling.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top