Research Associate II - Antibody Engineering and Development of Novel Molecules for Translational Research
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
An Antibody Engineering Research Associate II position is immediately available for a bright, well-organized, motivated scientist in a multidisciplinary antibody development team led by Paul Yazaki, Ph.D.
Dr. Yazaki's research focuses on antibody engineering of novel molecules for clinical applications. The scope of this research includes recombinant antibodies, antibody fragments, fusion proteins and antibody-based nanoparticles for the imaging and therapy of cancer. Areas of expertise include antibody design, discovery, engineering, expression, purification, biophysical characterization, in vivo preclinical animal models, process development and cGMP production.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall antibody engineering responsibilities include design, cloning, expression, purification and biochemical characterization of novel recombinant antibodies and fusion proteins
- Primer design, SOE-PCR, DNA isolation, cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, mammalian cell expression, protein purification, general molecular biology and biochemistry skills
- Documentation of data results and maintenance of a research lab
- The position requires semi-independence, an exceptional level of responsibility
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Two years related research/ laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree or One year related research/ laboratory experience with a Master's degree
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master's degree with 2+ years of academic or industry experience
- Familiarity with animal research studies a plus
- For more information about Dr. Yazaki's research, please click here .
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top