Research Associate I - Zaia lab
A Research Associate I position is available immediately at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope in the Center for Gene Therapy. Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine and increasingly complex research experiments.
- Utilizing laboratory equipment and established protocols, performs a variety of research experiments. Records and validates results for accuracy and completeness.
- May modify protocols
- Write standard operating procedures and reports.
- Maintains records of work performed including results and methodology; utilizing records may calculate, graph and compile data.
- Develops techniques and expertise in one or more areas relevant to laboratory research project.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage and disposal of materials.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences
- 0-2 years of research/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top