Research Associate I - Wang Lab
Requisition ID: 10465
Job Title: Research Associate I - Wang Lab
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
A Research Associate I position is available immediately at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope. Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine and increasingly complex data mining techniques.
Ideal candidates will be bright, dedicated, self-motivated, and have ambitions to further develop their scientific and career skills. They will have a desire to be challenged and to learn new scientific strategies.Candidates will have the opportunity to learn and develop research publications and presentations. Particularly effective candidates may be given the opportunity to develop an independent project.
- Utilizing laboratory equipment and established protocols, perform a variety of research experiments. Techniques to be performed include but are not limited to: PCR, cloning, cell culture, flow cytometry, animal handling, protein biochemistry.
- Associate will be expected to work with mammalian cells, including mouse and human cell lines. Work may also involve patient samples.
- Record and validate results for accuracy and completeness using industry standard application suites. Keep meticulous and accurate logs of experiments from conception to analysis, as well as of laboratory inventory and animal colonies.
- Maintain operations and supplies inventory and experimental protocols in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Synthesize, collate, interpret, and present data.
- Outstanding associates will have the opportunity to develop and shepherd independent projects, with the goal of publishing and/or presenting their results within a 2-3 year timeframe.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining good laboratory practices.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences.
- 0-2 years of research/clinical/laboratory experience .
- Significant biological science coursework and hands-on experience with flow cytometry, molecular biology, and cell culture.
- Ability to work productively and develop cohesive team relationships.
- Some prior laboratory experience.
- High degree of computer literacy in Mac/PC based OS environments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and set priorities.
- Must be able to respond effectively to constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data statistically and to present it logically.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a positive outlook.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top