Research Associate I - Kortylewski Lab
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and he adquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 12327
Job Title: Research Associate I - Kortylewski Lab
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The Research Associate I position is available in the Immuno-Oncology Department to support translational studies focused on the development of new oligonucleotide strategies (siRNA, miRNA, antisense oligonucleotides) for cancer immunotherapy. Under general supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate I will participate and coordinate the work of a laboratory and also will undertake research projects in collaboration with academic supervisor. The RAI typically will consult with the academic supervisor on the scope and plan of approach to a research project; reads technical articles; organize and plan methodology of laboratory research; standardize new techniques and train staff on these techniques; perform specialized procedures and prepare written/electronic reports of laboratory experimental methods.
- General management of lab resources, monitoring reagents use and supplies.
- Performs a variety of routine and non-routine laboratory research experiments. Records and validates results for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for accurately recording work performed including results and methodology. Calculates, compiles and analyzes data obtained from work performed.
- Trains lab staff in specialized procedures, equipment and theoretical concepts behind unique tests.
- May contribute to the preparation of manuscripts by describing methods and specialized techniques. Keeps abreast of new and improved techniques.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with each procedure(s) and with established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree. Masters degree preferred.
- Preferred are individuals with prior experience in laboratory research, including cell culture or molecular biology application (gene expression analyses).
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top