Research Associate I - Cancer Biology - Sun Lab
Requisition ID: 10521
Job Title: Research Associate I - Cancer Biology - Sun Lab
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
A Research Associate I position is available at City of Hope, one of a prestigious group of NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator,the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine and sophisticated in vitro and in vivo experiments.
The successful candidate will join a highly competitive research lab to investigate molecular mechanisms underlying transcriptional control and cell signaling during the course of cancer initiation and progression using cutting-edge and unbiased in vitro biological approaches and genetically-engineered mouse models
- Being sufficient to utilize laboratory equipment and established protocols, perform and complete a variety of research experiments, and document experimental records.
- Being able to work under stress to meet deadlines.
- Having ability to develop techniques and expertise to pursue daily experiments relevant to laboratory research projects.
- Being able to read scientific literature and develop research plan according.
- Being able to make troubleshoots in daily experiments to complete assignments with limited supervision.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage and disposal of materials.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. Expresses ideas clearly and constructively. Looks for opportunities to improve performance; manages time, work, and relationships effectively and efficiently. Developing abilities to work independently and with pressure. Works proactively and collaboratively with others to streamline work and achieve mutual goals.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences
- 0-2 years of research/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top