Research Associate I
A Research Associate I position is available immediately at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope. Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine and increasingly complex data mining techniques.
- Utilizing the electronic health record system and established SOPs to perform data abstraction and database expansion of the patient registry. Records and validates patient clinical data for accuracy and completeness.
- May modify the database and improve the data abstraction work-flow
- Write standard operating procedures and reports.
- Maintains records of work performed; utilizing records may evaluate, graph and compile data.
- Develops techniques and expertise in one or more areas relevant to database development, data management, and data interpretation.
- Consent patients on research protocols and facilitate specimen collection for research purposes.
- Ensure that all clinical information is recorded in compliance with the COH guidelines and federal regulations.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences
- 0-2 years of research/clinical/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills; eg. Microsoft Access, Excel, REDCap, Matlab, and R.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top