Research Associate I
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 13736
Job Title: Research Associate I
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
A Research Associate I position is available immediately at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope. Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine and increasingly complex research experiments.
- Utilizing the electronic medical record (EMR) to abstract clinical data
- May modify research protocols and clinical trials
- May maintain a registry
- Write standard operating procedures and reports
- Maintains records of work performed including results and methodology
- Utilizing records may calculate, graph and compile data
- Develops understanding of translational research and enrolls patients to research protocols
- Ensures that all clinical research activities are carried out in compliance with IRB
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences
- Minimum 2 years of research/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top