This position will provide research reports for Comprehensive Cancer Center, specific to clinical studies and other research functions. The Report Developer must have development of ad hoc and canned report using various report development applications, research data mart development, data management, business intelligence and analytics, customer support and ability to communicate with the business analysts and end users as necessary. Must follow best practices in reports development with limited guidance from senior members of the team. Must help ensure that quality and efficient solutions are built.
- Responsible for development of reports using SSRS, Business Objects and other similar systems
- Works on data mapping, data mart creation using ETL tools, data extraction and reports
- Participate in community of practice meetings, innovation of new technologies; work with prototypes using new methodologies and techniques; and keeps abreast of the constantly evolving technologies.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- A bachelor degree in computer science or related field, MS degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in developing reports using standard tools such as SSRS, BO, Pentaho, etc.
- Exposure to ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatics etc.
- Experience with research informatics and scientific data analytics is a plus
Preferred Experience and Certification:
- An advanced degree or certification in Programming and web development
- Web development on .NET with C#
- Experience in a healthcare or life sciences environment
- Familiarity with healthcare and HL7
- Exposure to Hadoop, big data analytics etc. is a plus
- Ability to quickly analyze and assess requirements
- Capable of working with a team under the guidance of experienced developers
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top