Quality Control Associate II - ELISA, qPCR, Flow Cytometry
- Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for assisting the Quality Control Manager in achieving compliance with all Federal and State accrediting agency requirements in the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) compliant final product release testing of cellular therapeutics in the Analytical Pharmacology Core Facility (APCF). Performs quality control assays, release tests and assay development tasks. Provides qualification and validation support for quality control and quality assurance procedures that are essential to the GLP final product release testing of biomedical products, including appropriate and accurate documentation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performs release testing on manufactured products following established SOP. Develop and adapt new procedures for testing when necessary. Complete all documents associated with the testing in compliance with GLP.
- Assists in creating, reviewing, and revising Standard Operating Procedures as necessary.
- Assists in internal inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Federal Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and City of Hope and APCF procedure requirements.
- Participate in general laboratory activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete and maintain all training required to perform assigned tasks.
- Cooperates with other performance improvement and compliance activities within the department and in the institution.
- Maintains current knowledge of analytical techniques and industry practices.
- Possess and demonstrate integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. Follows established City of Hope and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with relevant laboratory working experience within Basic Biology (Molecular and Cellular), and/or Chemistry (Inorganic, Organic and Biochemistry)
- 2-3 years post-Bachelor's degree work experience in a laboratory or 1-2 years post-Masters degree work experience in a laboratory.
- Background within modern molecular biology, protein chemistry, biostatistics, biosafety training, chemical safety training, GLP principles and practices is preferred.
- Experience with PCR and electrophoresis equipment, Coulter Counter and flow cytometer, centrifuges, microscopes, pH meter, biosafety cabinet and incubator, plate readers are preferred.
- Experience working in a GLP or cGMP environment is desirable along with experience within the Biotechnology and/or Pharmaceutical industries.
- For more information on Dr. Timothy Synold's research please visit here .
- Posting Date: Jun 23, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
Back to top