The Project Manager is responsible for simple to intermediate projects and project teams made up of internal and external resources to deliver business solutions and services to the department. Interacts closely with internal staff and external vendor partners to define the project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications.
- Partners with business and IT project team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
- Manages the successful delivery of projects with $50K+ budgets and teams of more than 5-10 key stakeholders
- Drives individual project risk management and mitigation through strict governance processes and procedures
- Monitors performance of project delivery to ensure alignment to the approved business case, design, and committed timeline
- Ensures adherence to project schedules; aggressively monitors project budgets; and reallocates resources to avoid budget or schedule variances
- Provides financial metrics, value realization, and other strategic reports for executive leadership, business stakeholders, and IT team
- Collaborates with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments
- Monitors the changing technical environment to stay on trend and ahead of market shifts
- Develop and maintain detailed project plan to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion
- Well-rounded, highly refined project manager with 3+ years delivering projects at a successful tech corporation or a similar role in a blue chip company
- Moderate knowledge of M/S Project (or similar project planning tools) and mastery of managing complex IT projects
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing complex integrated work plans
- Moderate knowledge of all current trends in IT project methodologies (Agile/SCRUM/Waterfall); success in transforming teams to embrace new trends and technologies
- At least 1 year of experience managing individual and roll-up project budgets, resource plans, and risk mitigation strategies for IT and related projects
- Expert in the business principles, rules, and regulations affecting the information systems for assigned business units
- Establishes and communicates a clear set of success criteria for project performance
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with project team, executive leadership, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Develops project reporting metrics and milestone reporting, and briefings to management
- Effectively collaborates with peers and leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others’ projects by sharing and reallocating team members’ priorities and assignments
- Manages a positive, collaborative project team environment that encourages support and success
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience in project management, business administration, or technical management is preferred.
- Project Management certification desired.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top