Project Manager, Payor Strategic Initiatives
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A member of the Managed Care team, the Project Manager is dedicated to key payor strategic initiatives throughout the enterprise. This role is focused on City of Hope expansion of payor networks and managed care programs and products throughout the enterprise as a result of expansion and growth efforts. The Project Manager see projects through entire life cycle and will directly impact organizational growth and access to care for more patients. The position will build relationships across the organization with other business areas, lead implementation work efforts to drive growth, payor strategy efficacy and efficiency and will utilize strong project and program management skill sets to achieve department objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage enterprise activities stemming from payor strategic initiatives in flight and future opportunities including other critical strategic projects/initiatives; Leads strategic payor initiative program and efforts
- Supports the VP, Managed Care (as Chair of the Payor Advisory Committee); Including material development and preparation, operation, agenda, minutes, status updates, action items and follow up.
- Schedule and facilitates meetings with key initiative leads and provide consultative support and advice on driving efforts to completion; ongoing follow up, program, development and maintenance. Identifies opportunities for improvement and actively works with key personnel to resolve, as appropriate.
- Create, manage and execute payor strategy work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Works directly alongside external advisors to coordinate all related analysis needed; identifies resources needed for each initiative.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of payor strategy programs and initiatives.
- Review deliverables prepared by supporting personnel.
- Develop payor work specific methodology, documentation and standards.
- Effectively apply payor methodology and enforce standards; Manages the development of complex, payor related data analysis through integration of data from a variety of internal and external information sources. Analyzes and synthesizes available information to assist in decision-making.
- Minimize exposure and risk associated work efforts.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Keeps abreast of current healthcare issues, payor market trends and changes and finance by attending appropriate meetings and reviewing current literature.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Master's degree required
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a healthcare setting, hospital, health system, medical group/IPA with prior experience in project management.
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with enterprise senior leaders, and other key stakeholders. This position requires superior program and project management, with the ability to oversee multiple active payor initiative efforts in varying size
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.In addition, the position requires an incumbent who employs tact and discretion and is motivated, self-directed, confident and a self-starter
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, senior leaders across the enterprise and other key stakeholders.
- Superior project and program management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Master's degree required, preferably in Health Administration, Public Health, or Business
- Project management experience within the payor sector (managed care, health plan, hospital, medical groups/IPAs) preferred.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top