Project Manager (Engineering)
Requisition ID: 9490
Job Title: Project Manager (Engineering)
City of Hope is looking for three Project Managers (Engineering). This position manages facility construction, remodel and renovation projects. May simultaneously manage 10 to 12 projects ($50k to $20M each) in addition to multiple less complex projects.
Job responsibilities include:
- Acts as a liaison with end users to determine scope of project requirements, available budget, and required project timeframe.
- May develop a draft project scope, schedule and budgetary estimate.Presents to end user and other responsible parties for approval.
- Selects design consultant and develops scope of services and contract.Administrates consultant performance, including adherence to project scope, quality of work, and adherence to design schedule.
- Coordinates the designs and develops detailed architectural and engineering plans in accordance with organization requirements and in compliance with applicable regulations (such as ADA and OSHPD).
- Works with the contractor to assure paperwork and permits are completed and filled out in a timely manner.
- Reviews project designs with end users at key intervals. Obtains approval of design drawings.
- Presents project instructions and specifications by providing documentation, illustrations and plans (blueprints) and conducting project "walk-through" with contractors and vendors.
- Performs quality assurance inspections to ensure project specifications are met.
- Communicates project status and facilitates communication between all parties involved on project.
- Monitors activity schedules, changes to schedules, their causes and budget impact.
- Initiates punch list to address project discrepancies for follow-up and resolution.
- Compiles and analyzes bids and prepares summary for decision support.
- Obtains relevant permits and reports from city, state and local officials.
- Submits plans, pulls permits and writes specifications for new and existing construction.
- Evaluates existing facility for ADA, Fire and JCAHO compliance and ensures follow-through and documentation, where applicable.
- Verifies receipt of services and construction-related invoices for payment.
- Interacts with representatives of regulatory agencies and presents facility data and documentation as needed.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Experience in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated experience (four+ years) working as a project manager in a healthcare, architectural, or engineering environment.
- In-depth knowledge of architectural or engineering design and trades.Knowledge in California healthcare construction and of JCAHO, ADA, and OSHPD standards.
- Current CA driver's license and a good driving record for insurance purposes
- Project Management
- Management experience, including Human Relations skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, eBuilder
Preferred Education and Skills:
- AIA or professional engineering licensure
- PMP Certification
- Experience working in Healthcare construction management
- Experience using AutoCAD (Current Version), MS Projects, Archibus FM, Plotter/Scanner, Field measurement equipment, Utility (golf) cart
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- LI-SB | *CB-SB
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top