This position develops, coordinates, and assists with the implementation of initiatives and projects that affect all areas of supply chain operations. This position will also assist other departments in the implementation of cost saving opportunities and measuring of contract performance. Additionally, this position will assist in gathering clinical research/benchmarks, develop and execute project time-lines, document decision making results and facilitate preparation of needed financial analytics as relates to assigned projects. The incumbent will be responsible for communicating project status to all appropriate stakeholders and reporting on various success metrics to measure the success of the action items and decisions reached throughout the project management lifecycle.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assisting the Vice President of Supply Chain in the execution of project plans for the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning.
- In conjunction with internal business partners, develop and maintain policies, processes and tools to support the successful development and deployment of projects and programs.
- Assist project workgroups in managing risks throughout projects by communicating, tracking and mitigating issues.
- Lead the process of identification and implementation of cost savings opportunities, measure contract performance and assess the value of new or renegotiated GPO contracts through weekly review of contract changes supplied by the GPO.
- Conduct analysis to measure and monitor contract participation to allow for remediation or improvement of contract administration and/or obtain understanding of the underlying reasons for non-participation or declines.
- Assist management with selection processes requiring request for information and/or request for proposals.Including identifying vendors, developing response review criteria, facilitating the review process.
- Assist the Vice President of Supply Chain in identifying needs for process improvement and innovation across sourcing, contracting, and analytics; assist in developing a standard of metrics using benchmark data to assist in measuring department’s performance against goals and industry best practices.
- Assist Vice President in the development of the annual departmental strategic initiatives and the departmental budget.
- Monitors the performance of the purchasing team to ensure quality and performance measurements meet goals.Assist Vice President to implement strategies for improvement in areas that fall below goals.
- Monitor supplier performance.Prepares and implements action plans with follow-up for suppliers failing to meet performance requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain or Operations Management
- 3+ years’ experience in a healthcare supply chain operations.Equivalent experience may substitute.
- Prior experience with implementing, ongoing system enhancements and customization, tweaking, managing and operating an ERP (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP) preferred
- Proven experience working with a GPO system, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Value Analysis, or related hospital operations preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills.Ability to interact with Physicians, Nursing, and Senior Leadership.
- Experience with API Time and Attendance, SmartStream, Microsoft Office, Peoplesoft, Oracle systems
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top