This position develops, coordinates, and assists with the implementation of initiatives and projects that impact all areas of hospital operations. This position will support various departments in operational and financial data analysis, develop business plans, and assist in routine department reviews. Assist in leading efforts to optimize resource utilization (LOS, cost per case, etc) and support initiatives that drive Medical Center expense reduction. The project analyst will assist in gathering clinical research/benchmarks, develop and execute project time-lines, document decision making results and facilitate preparation of needed financial analytics as relates to assigned projects.
The incumbent will be responsible for communicating project status to all appropriate stakeholders and reporting on various success metrics to measure the success of the action items and decisions reached throughout the project management lifecycle.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Operations in the execution of project plans and operational goals within the Medical Center.
- Assist in identification and implementation of expense and/or utilization reduction opportunities. Develop a systematic review of expense categories and method to track progress.
- Conduct analysis on financial and operational data and provide recommendations for improvement. Support Hospital Operations in monthly review of performance.
- In conjunction with internal business partners, develop and maintain policies, processes and tools to support the successful development and deployment of projects and programs.
- Assist with performance improvement and patient experience activities. Provide support to departmental performance boards.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels. Serve as a liaison between clinical departments and business operations.
- Process contracts within Meditract as needed, working with vendors, Contract Management, Legal, and Operations.
- Assist in departmental budget development by gathering, analyzing, and reporting data and providing projections and recommendations as requested. Assist in department business activities, including but not limited to: budget preparation and monitoring, account management, purchasing, and reporting required by the institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- 1 – 3 years experience as a business or support analyst
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to interact with Physicians, Nursing, and Senior Leadership
- Microsoft Office: Tableau, Peoplesoft, Oracle, BPC, nVision, UHC – preferred.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management or Business Administration
- Proven experience in business or hospital operations.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top